Multi Window allows you to enjoy multitasking. You can view two applications on a split screen, side by side. Here’s how to use Multi Window on your Galaxy S23 series.
The Split Screen allows you to use an application or play a video in a small window. At the same time, you can use the rest of the space on the screen for other apps. It is important to note that Picture-in-Picture is only for Samsung devices using Android 8 and does not exist on older Operating Systems.
Steps to Using Multi Window on Galaxy S23
Assume that you want to open the Calculator and the Google Chrome apps. Follow the steps below on how to use Multi Window on Galaxy S23:
- Press the menu button on your Galaxy S23.
- Swipe to find the first application that you want to view.
- Tap the application or the split screen.
- Tap open in split screen view.
- Swipe to find other application you want to view.
- Tap the application you want. You will see both applications in split-screen mode.
That is the tutorial on how to use Multi Window on Galaxy S23. Hopefully, this tutorial can help you use your Galaxy S23 more efficiently.
How to Change the Size of the Windows
When you want to view an application in split screen view, it is possible to adjust the size of the windows by following the steps here:
- Tap and then hold the line between the two windows.
- Drag the line in the upper or lower direction.
- Release the line to split in any direction you want.
How to Leave Multi Window Mode
If you just tried how to use Multi Window on Galaxy S23, here is how to leave the feature:
- When in Multi Window view, press the home button.
- Tap on the close (X) button on your Galaxy S23.
Open an Application in Split Screen Window
Be sure that you have opened the application you want to view in a window before following the tutorial below:
- Press the menu button.
- Swipe to find the application that you want to view in a multi-window.
- Tap on the app menu icon. If you do not have this icon, tap and then hold the top of the application.
- Tap on the open in pop-up view. The application will then open in a multi-window.
- You will see Drag here for pop-up view box, so you can drag the top of the application into this box.
How to Open Video in Picture-in-Picture Window
Move a video into PIP window while you are playing it. It is possible if you can find the window will close itself when the video has finished watching.
Here are the steps on how to open a video in a picture-in-picture window:
- When watching a video in full-screen, tap on anywhere so you will see the options.
- After that, tap on the picture-in-picture icon.
That is the complete tutorial on how to use Multi Window on Galaxy S23. If your device is showing unusual behavior, send an error report or ask us through Samsung Members app.